Taco Soup Recipe! This quick and easy Simple Taco Soup Recipe can be made in the slow cooker or right on the stovetop. Ready in no time, this taco soup is filled with ground beef, beans, corn, and taco seasoning. It’s a quick dinner that everyone loves!
As the temperature drops, I like to bring out all the soup recipes I can find! Some of my favorite Crock Pot Meals are Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Butternut Squash, Crock Pot Chicken Tacos, and this….
Easy Taco Soup Recipe
This low-fat, hearty soup is full of flavor is perfect for cold nights. Even the kids love it! Slow cooker soup recipes are the best for busy nights!
How Do You Make Taco Soup?
Full of easy-to-find and affordable soup ingredients like hamburger, beans, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing seasoning – this soup packs a big flavor punch that will warm you up right away!
Just add all of your ingredients to a slow cooker or dutch oven on the stovetop, heat, and serve! That’s it!
Making this soup ahead of time in the slow cooker is perfect for busy days. All you need to do is brown the hamburger in a skillet and then add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker to simmer.
As an alternative, you can leave this Taco Soup on the stove in a dutch oven. It’s up to you! Just make sure to cook for about an hour or more to let all the flavors mingle together for a big bowl of yummy goodness!
This slow cooker soup is one of my favorites, too – Cabbage Roll Soup
What Ingredients Go In Taco Soup?
- hamburger – You can swap out for ground turkey if you want to lower the fat content.
- beans – any flavor of beans will work!
- corn – canned sweet corn adds a nice pop of flavor.
- taco seasoning
- ranch dressing
- Mexican-style tomatoes
- ground turkey or ground chicken – You can use other meat besides beef for this simple taco soup.
How To Make an Original Taco Soup Recipe
1. Brown the meat
Brown meat in skillet and drain.
2. Add to the slow cooker
Add meat to the slow cooker and add in the ranch dressing and taco seasoning into the meat.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients
Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
4. Cover with water
Fill with water until the water covers the ingredients.
6. Cook on high
Cover and cook on high heat for 1-3 hours.
What Toppings Do You Add To Taco Soup?
I like to top my soup with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, and cilantro – yum! But you can just leave it plain as my husband does. Whatever you like is perfectly fine!
Other toppings choices:
- Green onion
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Fresh tomatoes
What To Serve With Taco Soup
Make sure to add LOTS of toppings to your Taco Soup. It sure makes it delicious! We like to add tortilla chips and bread to the side to eat with our soup. Hotdogs are also a good choice for the kids!
How to reheat this best taco soup recipe
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, just reheat the next day! Low and slow in the crockpot is the perfect way to get that warm temperature and wonderful flavor again and again.
Try this Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe out soon, I promise you’ll love it!
Do you love slow cooker recipes? Here are even more chicken recipes to make in your crockpot!
Taco Soup Recipe
- * 1 lb ground beef
- * 1 1 ounce package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- * 1 1 ounce package taco seasoning mix
- * 1 16 ounce can pinto beans
- * 1 16 ounce can black beans
- * 1 16 ounce can whole kernel corn
- * 1 8 ounce can diced Mexican-style tomatoes
- * 1 8 ounce can diced tomatoes
- * 1 16 ounce can kidney beans
- Brown meat in skillet and drain.
- Add meat to slow cooker and add in ranch dressing and taco seasoning into meat.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
- Fill with water until the water just covers the ingredients.
- Stir well again.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 1-3 hours.
- Can also be made on the stove top and simmered for 1 hour.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and corn chips - if desired.
Here’s a quick how-to make taco soup video! I’ll have one coming out soon from All Things Mamma!
Here’s a GREAT image to pin of this Slow Cooker Taco Soup to save for later!