Sugar Cookie Bars are quick, easy, and delicious! Using cake mix, sugar cookie mix, butter, and eggs – it’s the perfect easy bar cookie recipe!
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
The best thing about this sugar cookie bar recipe, besides the flavor, is that it uses cake mix and sugar cookie mix for the best flavor and texture.
With just 5 simple ingredients, you can always have the ingredients on hand to make this easy dessert.
Who knew that the combination of a sugar cookie mix and a simple white cake mix could create a cookie bar recipe that would literally melt perfectly in your mouth?!
And if you’re a fan of using cake mixes for your desserts, make certain to check out our 35+ Easy Cake Mix Recipes – Hacks Using A Box Cake Mix as well. So many simple recipes that require hardly anything from you!
The ingredient list is short and sweet and budget-friendly!
- 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
How To Make Sugar Cookie Bars
Step 1: Heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13X9-inch pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: In a large bowl, beat the sugar cookie mix, cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds and then beat on medium speed for about 1 minute or until blended. Spread in prepared pan.
Step 3: Bake around 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
Frost with my Sugar Cookie Frosting and top with sprinkles.
Tips + Variations
Since this recipe uses a cake mix, you can easily change up the flavoring of the cake mix that you’re using to change up the taste and flavor. Try chocolate, lemon, strawberry, or really any other type of boxed cake mix flavor to see how easy and different you can make the flavors.
How long do you bake sugar cookie bars?
You’re going to want to bake them for about 30-35 minutes. You should then start to notice that they’re turning a golden brown and are ready to be removed from the oven.
How do you freeze sugar cookie bars?
The good news is that these cookie bars are easy to freeze. Just cut them into bars, add them to a freezer-safe bag or container and place them in your freezer for later. It’s really as simple as that.
What other toppings can you add to sugar cookie bars?
Anything you want! Drizzle melted chocolate, add some shredded coconut, various sprinkles of different shapes and colors are all great choices.
Don’t forget to use homemade buttercream frosting.
More Dessert Bar Recipes
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- The BEST S’Mores Bars Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pecan Pie Bars
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat the sugar cookie mix, cake mix, melted butter, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Turn the mixer to medium speed for about 1 minute more or until blended.
- Spread the sugar cookie mixture into the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Use my sugar cookie frosting to frost the bars and top with Christmas sprinkles.