If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, try this amazing Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken for a meal the whole family will love!
Now that we’re back to school, I really try to simplify our evenings. But, with sports, appointments, and homework, the night goes fast! One of the ways I stay on budget and simplify is to make meals that are quick, easy and affordable!
My favorite way to do this is to throw several ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and by dinner, it’s a meal! It doesn’t get much easier!
One of our favorite family meals that we all love is this Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
With a few very affordable ingredients, you can make several different meals out of this one recipe! Have it on soft taco shells with a side of rice, top nachos with it or even eat alone as a hearty soup! It’s up to you!
Our favorite way to have Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is as tacos and topped with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. YUM!
The spiciness isn’t too hot that you can’t handle it but just enough to give it a kick! Even my kids don’t mind it! I always have the ingredients on hand for this meal in my pantry and then just pick up the chicken and toppings at the store when I know I want to make it. Most of the time I have chicken breasts in my fridge or freezer anyway!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
You can find most of the ingredients at Dollar General for $1! YES! Everything you see here was only $1 each! That is a bargain! AND you don’t have to re-buy the seasonings each time. Just once will last you through several times of making this Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken!
With a wide selection of food to create everyday recipes, Dollar General is an easy, affordable and convenient way to stock up your pantry!
Dollar General has a large selection of national brands but also carries their own line – Clover Valley!
I’ve found that most Clover Valley products are just as good as name brands at huge savings to your family’s budget!
If you’re like me, you are looking for ways to save around every corner. Life is expensive and groceries tops my list of monthly expenses! Why not make the most of your budget and get some everyday items at a discount like those found at Dollar General to help you out?!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Various toppings - sour cream chips, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes and more!
- Place chicken, corn, beans, and tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine salsa, lime juice, and seasonings - stir well. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Remove and shred chicken. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir well.
- Serve with your favorite toppings on soft taco shells, on nachos or in a bowl!