This Skillet S’mores Cookie is full of ooey-gooey goodness! It’s thick and chewy, loaded with chocolate chips, then topped with melty marshmallows, graham cracker bits, and Hershey’s bars. So good!
S’mores are delicious, but they’re not exactly a year-round treat—or at least not if you live in a northern climate. When a campfire is out of the question, this Skillet S’mores Cookie gives you everything you love about the original, in the form of a giant cookie.
And if we didn’t have you at s’mores, we definitely had you at “giant cookie,” right?
S’mores Skillet Cookie Recipe
Mixing this up is no harder than making your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe. In fact, it’s easier since instead of forming individual cookies, you just press the cookie dough into a cast iron skillet!
Kids absolutely love this recipe, and adults will too! It has that nostalgic flavor going for it—who doesn’t have good memories of making s’mores as a kid?—but that combination of graham crackers, gooey marshmallows, and chocolate is just generally irresistible. Especially when it’s on top of a thick, chewy cookie!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the Skillet S’mores Cookie:
- Unsalted butter – Melt this in the microwave or a saucepan.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour – You can use a measure-for-measure gluten-free flour (and gluten-free graham crackers) to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Topping:
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers – Break this into pieces.
- Hershey’s chocolate bars – You could use dark chocolate if you prefer a more intense chocolate flavor.
How to Make Skillet S’mores Cookie
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 12-inch cast iron pan (or another oven-safe skillet) with butter.
2. Make the Batter
Stir together the butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla, stir, then stir in the dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread the batter into the prepared cast iron pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove the skillet from the oven and top the cookie with marshmallows, chocolate bar pieces, and graham crackers. Return it to the oven and bake for another 6 to 7 minutes, or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted.
Let the cookie cool for 10 minutes, then serve your Skillet S’mores Cookie warm. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired!
How to Store Leftover S’mores Cookie Skillet
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
To reheat, place the skillet cookie on a baking sheet and warm it up in a 350ºF oven until it’s heated through, about 10 minutes. Or, place individual pieces on a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 30 seconds.
A traditional s’more is made with graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. It’s this combination of ingredients that makes a s’more a s’more!
Baking in a frying pan is pretty simple! Just grease the pan with some butter or oil, then add your batter or dough. Bake at the temperature specified in your recipe.
Yes, you can freeze desserts with marshmallows. Just be sure to wrap them tightly so the marshmallows don’t dry out.
S’mores cookies are basically chocolate chip cookies with marshmallows and graham crackers mixed in or melted on top. They taste just like the classic campfire treat!
More Recipes for S’mores Lovers
Skillet S’mores Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers broken into pieces
- 1 Hershey’s candy bar broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12” cast iron pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars. Stir to combine. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour, cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt and stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared cast iron pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; top with marshmallows, chocolate bar pieces and graham cracker pieces. Return to oven; continue baking 6 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Cool 10 minutes; serve warm with ice cream, if desired.