With the whole yellow 5 and 6 debate that’s going on right now, we’ve cut out the kids favorite brand of Mac N’ Cheese until it is removed. Since they are huge Macaroni and Cheese fans, I had to come up with an alternative that they would love almost as much and that didn’t take a lot of time to make.
This recipe comes from trying out several recipes from several different sites including blogs, recipe sites and restaurant sites and it has to be our favorite so far! It’s cheesy and creamy and tastes really good! It’s easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or cook time like our favorite Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese and Crock Pot Mac N Cheese. And it doesn’t require making a roux – which in my opinion – takes too long when you’re in a hurry at dinner time!
Try having it with our favorite Healthy Chicken Nuggets or Strips. I bet your kids will love it! Make sure to let me know what you think!
Simple Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups cooked macaroni noodles
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese we use a blend of cheddar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- After cooking your noodles - drain
- To the pan that the noodles were in, melt butter and add milk
- Next, add the noodles back into the pan and add the cheese on top
- Mix it all together until the cheese is melted
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add a splash more of milk if you like it a little creamier