Homemade Chex Mix is just about the easiest snack, ever.
Not only does this homemade Chex mix recipe taste awesome for a lazy day snack, but it’s also a great homemade gift idea as well. Bake up some Chex mix in the oven and get ready to start snacking! (and you just might not want to stop!)
Great Party Snack made with Pretzels, Butter, and Seasonings
It never fails what this recipe is always a hit during Christmas but in our house, we like to make it all time so that everyone can have a simple snack to enjoy.
You can easily make this simple Chex mix recipe for a fun homemade gift or a way to smell up the house in a good way! Once that butter and seasonings start to drift through the house, everyone is certain to come running.
INGREDIENTS + VARIATIONS
This simple Chex mix recipe has three variations of the Chex cereal to include: Corn, Rice, and Wheat. You’ll find that they’re all in the cereal aisle at the store – and sometimes, you might even find some fun holiday-themed ones like cinnamon flavored Chex mix that could be fun to add.
While we like to use pretzel sticks, you can really use any shape of pretzels that you want. As long as they’re salted and crisp, you’re good to go!
Another one of our favorite mixes to make this trail mix. It’s a bit different in taste but still so much fun to grab a handful and eat as you walk by. While we love this homemade Chex mix, this is another one of our favorites.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHEX MIX
Heat oven to 250 degrees.
In a large roasting pan, mix cereals, nuts, and pretzels; set aside.
In a small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered until melted.
Stir in seasonings and pour over cereal mixture; then stir until evenly coated.
Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Spread onto paper towels to cool. Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make certain that you mix together the seasoning and ingredients well. You don’t want clumps of over-seasoned bites!
- You can change up the recipe a bit by adding in slivered almonds or other types of nuts as well. (or even go nut-free!)
- If you don’t have more than one kind of Chex mix cereal, just double up on whatever kind you have per the ingredient list. (it’s a simple variation to this homemade Chex mix recipe!)
EASY SNACK RECIPES
Homemade Chex Mix
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 250 degrees
- In a large roasting pan, mix cereals, nuts, and pretzels; set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered until melted.
- Stir in seasonings and pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread onto paper towels to cool. Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid.