This Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake has everything you need for a delicious breakfast all on a single sheet pan! It’s packed with hash browns, ham, eggs, and two different kinds of cheese for extra flavor!
When you see the description of this sheet pan breakfast bake recipe, you might think to yourself, “Wait, what makes this different from a breakfast casserole?”
I get it! It does sound like a breakfast casserole. And it kind of is a breakfast casserole, but you make it on a sheet pan. Believe me, though, that sheet pan makes all the difference. The sheet pan means all the ingredients are distributed in a thinner layer, so everything cooks faster and you get more crispy-crunchy texture here. Basically, if you like the browned bottom or crispy tops and edges of a breakfast casserole best, you’re going to love this sheet pan breakfast bake!
Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake Recipe
The other thing you’ll love about this recipe is that it’s so easy to customize. I added ham here, but I’ve also made it with bacon and sausage, which is equally delicious, or if you’re vegetarian, you could use sautéed mushrooms, green bell peppers, and onions. You can even switch things up with the cheese—a smoked gouda or cheddar would be amazing!
I love serving this sheet pan breakfast bake for a brunch get-together, but it’s easy enough to whip up for a weekend breakfast for your family, too. It’s also a great option when you’re feeling like breakfast-for-dinner!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes – Thaw the hash browns in a colander.
- Cooked ham – You can use leftovers from my Crock Pot Ham recipe.
- Unsalted butter – Melt the butter before you get started.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions – You can swap in chives for a milder flavor.
How to Make Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
Preheat your oven to 400ºF and lightly oil a sheet pan or coat it with nonstick spray.
Toss the potatoes, ham, and seasonings in a large bowl, then pour this into the prepared sheet pan. Top the potato mixture with the cheeses.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Add the Eggs
Use the back of a large spoon to make 6 wells in the potato mixture. Crack an egg into each well (here’s the best way to crack an egg!), then return the sheet pan to the oven. Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are beginning to thicken, but not hard—about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Garnish and Serve
Remove the sheet pan from the oven and scatter the green onions on top, then season with additional pepper. Serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
Transfer any leftovers to an airtight storage container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. I recommend reheating in a 350ºF oven until warmed through, or in the microwave.
What goes well with sheet pan breakfast bake?
I love sheet pan breakfast bake since it’s a meal all by itself, but you can definitely round things out with some fresh fruit, a sweet breakfast option like Blueberry Muffins, or Easy Homemade Biscuits on the side!
Can sheet pan breakfast bake be frozen?
No, this recipe won’t freeze well because of the eggs. If you’d like a breakfast casserole that’s perfect for freezing, try my Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole.
What size sheet pan should I use for this recipe?
Use an 18×13 sheet pan for this recipe. This is basically a standard-sized sheet pan, although it’s technically called a half sheet pan because it’s half the size used by restaurants and caterers.
More Crowd-Pleasing Breakfast Recipes
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Crescent Roll Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Quick & Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- The Best Blueberry Pancakes
Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- 1 package 30 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, ham, and seasonings; spread evenly into pan. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- With the back of a spoon, make 6 wells in potato mixture. Break an egg into each well. Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and additional pepper.