Pizza sliders are the ultimate appetizer for pizza lovers! Easy, cheesy, and made with sweet Hawaiian rolls, you’ll make this recipe again and again!
After making my French bread pizza a few weeks back, I realized that I don’t have nearly enough pizza recipes on All Things Mamma. I was about to start brainstorming some ideas, but immediately got distracted thinking about game day sliders. And that’s when it hit me: pizza sliders! Everything you love about pizza in the form of a handheld appetizer. Yes!
Easy Pizza Sliders Recipe
My plan for the upcoming BIG FOOTBALL GAME (did you know that the actual name of the game is trademarked?!) is to make a slider bar with some of my family’s favorites:
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders
- Meatball Sliders
And, of course, these pizza sliders too. I don’t even know if I’ll make anything other than sliders—although if I do, my Easy Jalapeño Popper Dip is definitely going on the menu!
Of course, pizza sliders are so easy and delicious, it would be a shame to save them for game day! You might want to put them in regular rotation for your weeknight dinners, too. Kids will devour them, leftovers can be packed into lunches, and everyone can top their sliders with their favorite pizza toppings!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- Pizza sauce – Use any kind you like.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – An Italian-blend of shredded cheeses will work, too.
- Unsalted butter
- Freshly grated Parmesan – You can use store-bought grated Parmesan if you prefer.
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Chopped parsley – Optional, for garnishing.
How to Make Pizza Sliders
Preheat your oven to 400ºF and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the bottom half of the dinner rolls onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the pizza sauce onto them, then layer on the pepperoni and cheese. Place the other half of the dinner rolls on top and press down gently.
3. Make the Topping
Combine the butter, Parmesan, garlic powder, and oregano in a small bowl. Brush this mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
4. Bake and Serve
Bake the pizza sliders for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve brushed with any remaining butter topping.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Pizza Sliders
Transfer any leftover sliders to an airtight container or wrap them in foil. They can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve them cold or warm them up in the microwave or a 350ºF oven.
What should I serve with pizza sliders?
If you’re making this a meal, I recommend pairing pizza sliders with a simple side. Try Easy Air Fryer French Fries.
What toppings can I put on pizza sliders?
I used pepperoni, but you can definitely switch things up! Try salami, sausage, or pile on veggies for a vegetarian pizza slider recipe.
What kind of roll should I use for pizza sliders?
I always like making sliders with Hawaiian rolls, but standard dinner rolls will work, too.
More Recipes for Pizza Lovers
- 1 12-count package Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups jarred pizza sauce
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bottom half of dinner rolls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with pizza sauce, pepperonis, and cheese. Add the tops of the dinner rolls.
- Mix together the butter, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano in a small bowl and brush the tops. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Uncover the last 2 mintures to brown lightly if needed.
- Serve immediately, brushed with remaining garlic butter topping.