Forget frozen pizza rolls! These Homemade Pepperoni Rolls are made with refrigerated pizza dough, mozzarella cheese sticks, and pepperoni for an easy dinner or snack!
Made famous in West Virginia, these Pizza Rolls will become a family favorite!
Using premade pizza dough from the store makes this recipe a breeze! All you literally have to do is roll out the dough, cut, add in pepperoni, and mozzarella string cheese stick then roll it all tightly together.
This is the quickest 20-minute dinner that your entire family will love and with over 2600 shares on Pinterest and Facebook!
PILLSBURY PIZZA DOUGH, PEPPERONI SLICES & STRING CHEESE
The hardest part of this pizza recipe is being patient for them to bake. Even though this simple pepperoni dish takes just 10 minutes to assemble and 10 minutes to cook, you’ll be so ready to dip that first bite in the marinara sauce!
Storebought pizza dough crust makes this simple dish go a lot faster than making the dough homemade or using frozen rolls and it really does taste just like you ordered it from your favorite local pizza joint!
After letting it rest for a short time, these easy pepperoni and cheese rolls are ready to tear into and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS + VARIATIONS
- Pillsbury Pizza Dough – Talk about a great way to save time. Buying a premade crust will cut down on having to make your own. But if you want to have a homemade pizza crust, you can make definitely alter this recipe! Just factor in the extra time to make the pizza dough from scratch.
- Pizza Sauce – Your favorite jarred pizza sauce is perfect for this recipe. You can even use spaghetti sauce!
- String Cheese – I like to use mozzarella string cheese for this recipe but you can use any variety of cheese that you want. Add in some cheddar cheese, Colby, or even some pepper jack for an added kick!
Easy Dinner Recipes
I consider this simple pizza recipe one of the easiest lunch or dinner ideas, ever. Don’t forget to check out some of our other Back to School Lunch Ideas, Hacks, And After School Snacks that you can whip up in a few moments of time, that this recipe is perfect for!
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI ROLLS
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spread dough
Spread out the dough on a cutting board and cut the dough into 10 equal-sized rectangles.
3. Add filling
Arrange 4 pepperoni slices on each rectangle and top with a cheese stick.
Roll up the dough and enclose the cheese stick. Pinch the seams closed.
5. Melt the butter
Melt the butter and stir in the parmesan cheese
6. Top with mixture
Brush the pizza sticks with the melted butter mixture.
Put in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy once cooled slightly with a side of marinara.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make certain to roll the rectangles tightly and pinch the seams. If there are any gaps, the cheese will melt out and they won’t have a gooey center or middle to them. You’re going to want to bake them with the seam-side down.
- You can also brush the melted butter mixture on again at the end of baking if you want. This will just make the pizza crust a bit softer and give a bigger parmesan taste and flavor.
- Be aware that the inside of these pizza rolls is going to be very hot. Little mouths will get burned quickly if you don’t allow for a bit of cooling. Making a tiny tear and letting out some of the heat might help to speed up the cooling process.
- If you want to use homemade dough for this recipe, do so! I love to make my own dough as well when I have the time because I love the flavor of DIY bread dough. But sometimes, there is no time and this is why this West Virginia pizza roll recipe is the best.
Easy Pepperoni Roll FAQS
What other toppings can be added to these DIY pepperoni rolls?
Cooked hamburger can be a great alternative to the pepperoni, or even adding in some onions, black olives, and green peppers, too. As long as you’re adding in items that are normally found on pizzas, you literally can have fun mixing and matching options for this simple pizza recipe.
I also think that you can add in spicy pepperoni as well for a hint of heat!
Do you need to refrigerate Pepperoni Rolls?
Pepperoni rolls can be served warm or at room temperature. ( I like them both ways!) Store the leftover pepperoni rolls in resealable plastic bags at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them by wrapping them in plastic wrap and then into a freezer bag or aluminum foil for up to 1 month.
What do you serve with Pepperoni Rolls?
Here are some easy appetizer recipes that are perfect with Pepperoni Rolls:
How do you keep the pizza rolls from sticking to the baking sheet?
You can spray the pan with nonstick spray or line it with parchment paper, whatever you prefer.
Love this simple pizza recipe? You’re going to love these other recipes, too!
- 1 Pillsbury pizza dough tube
- 40 pepperoni slices
- 10 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread pizza dough out on a cutting board and Cut the dough into 10 equal-size rectangles ( a pizza cutter makes this job easier)
- Arrange 4 pepperoni slices on each rectangle and top with a mozzarella cheese stick.
- Roll up the pizza dough, enclosing the cheese stick, pinching the seams closed.
- Melt the butter and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Brush the pizza sticks with the melted butter mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eat immediately with a side of marinara for dipping