Peanut butter lasagna is going to be your new favorite no-bake dessert recipe! Perfectly fluffy and deliciously sweet, this easy chocolate peanut butter dessert only takes 30 minutes to make.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert – No Bake!
Have you ever wondered what dessert goes with lasagna? Well, a lasagna dessert of course. Turn your favorite classic Italian recipe into your new favorite dessert recipe! I’ve personally made this no-bake chocolate peanut butter lasagna more times than I can count, and it never fails to be a huge crowd pleaser.
Made with fluffy chocolate and peanut butter layers over a homemade graham cracker crust, this peanut butter lasagna recipe is both simple and decadent. It’s easy enough to throw together for a quick weeknight treat, but also beautiful and delicious enough to serve at your next special event.
- Crust – For a quick and easy homemade crust, you need graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and dry roasted peanuts.
- Second Layer – The peanut butter layer comes together with cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, and cool whip.
- Third Layer – You will need both Instant vanilla and chocolate pudding, plus milk for this layer.
- Fourth Layer – Use cool whip, peanut butter cups, and peanut butter and chocolate chips as your top layer.
Peanut Butter Lasagna Steps
Step 1. First, mix together the crust and press it into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
Step 2. Next, mix together the second layer of peanut butter and cream cheese. Then spoon over the crust.
Step 3. After that, mix together the third layer of vanilla and chocolate pudding. Then pour over the second layer.
Step 4. Finally, top with cool whip and garnish with the chopped peanut butter cups and chips.
Tips & Variations
- Mix up the toppings. While this recipe calls for chopped peanut butter cups and chips, you can always change it up! Add some shaved chocolate or even Reese’s M&Ms — whatever you love, throw it on top.
- Let it set. You can certainly enjoy this dessert as soon as it is finished, but I recommend you let it sit in the fridge for a bit first. This just allows the peanut butter lasagna layers to firm up a bit and makes cutting and serving easier.
- Customize the flavors. There are so many ways you can change up this recipe, and not just with the toppings! I decided to go with a simple, graham cracker crust for my peanut butter lasagna, but you can also use Oreo cookie pie crusts or other flavors. Similarly, you don’t necessarily need to have a chocolate pudding layer — choose your favorite, complimentary peanut butter layer and replace it! The options are endless.
You definitely don’t want to see your layers running together! If you have the time, you can add an extra “cooling” step between each layer. Simply place the peanut butter lasagna into the fridge after adding each layer to allow it to firm up, then take it out, add the next layer, and repeat.
I prefer to use smooth, creamy peanut butter for most peanut butter dessert recipes because it’s easier to smooth out and layer. However, if you like a bit of a crunch, you can definitely opt for a crunchy version, too.
If you prefer not to make your own crust, you can use any store-bought brand. You can also change up the flavors, like using the Oreo cookie crust vs. the original!
I usually put plastic wrap over my peanut butter lasagna dish and then place it in the refrigerator. You can also store in any airtight container. Leftovers will last for about a week.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
Peanut Butter Lasagna
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅔ cup nutter melted
- 5 tbsps sugar
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding 1 package
- 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding 1 package
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 1 cup peanut butter cups chopped
- peanut butter chips as desired
- chocolate chips as desired
- First, mix together the crust and press it into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Next, mix together the second layer of peanut butter and cream cheese. Then spoon over the crust.
- After that, mix together the third layer of vanilla and chocolate pudding. Then pour over second layer.
- Finally, top with cool whip and garnish with the chopped peanut butter cups and chips.