Million Dollar Dip is made with only 5 ingredients – Mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions, and almonds.
This cheesy, easy dip recipe, also known as Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip tastes great on crackers and pretzels and is perfect for the holiday season and a game day appetizer!
This easy dip recipe is one of the most popular recipes for the Super Bowl!
We love to eat it with chips, carrots, celery sticks, and any other vegetables we can slice up and eat.
5-Ingredient Easy Dip Recipe
Aka Neiman Marcus Dip, this Million Dollar Dip recipe is perfect to whip up when you’re looking for a winning recipe for any event.
The best thing about it is that it’s super easy to make and it tastes like a million bucks!
One of the best parts of this party dip recipe is that you can make it ahead of time (a day or two) and allow it to sit in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. The flavors really meld all together and make for an amazing taste!
This is a must-make easy dip for your next Christmas party, game day party, or Oscars watching party. Everyone won’t be able to resist it and you’ll see why it’s so addicting!
See the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Mayonnaise – I love Hellman’s mayonnaise, but Miracle Whip or your favorite brand is fine!
- Cheddar Cheese – Sharp cheddar cheese goes perfect!
- Green Onions– Don’t leave this one out. Trust me!
- Real Bacon Bits – Just throw some bacon in the microwave and cut it up before adding to the dip.
- Almonds slivers – Slivered or slices are best but you can always cut up whole almonds, too.
How To Make Million Dollar Dip
Step 1. Combine
Combine all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
Step 2. Put in the fridge
This delicious dip is best served chilled. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and enjoy with your favorite crackers. We like Ritz crackers.
Tips + Variations:
- You can make it ahead of time (a day or two) and allow it to sit in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
- You can substitute the mayonnaise with greek or regular yogurt for less fat.
- Add in a block of softened cream cheese for a more creamy dip and rich dip.
- Play around with different types of cheeses to create new cheesy dips!
- Top with blue cheese crumbles for a little more pizzazz.
- Here’s an easy appetizer version that uses this tasty dip for when the serving bowl is too far for everyone to reach.
- Though best known as a delicious cracker dip, feel free to try other popular dippers like tortilla chips, pork rinds, or the ever classic potato chip.
How to store
Make sure that you store this dip in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it. You will also need to store leftovers in an airtight container and keep it cool until you’re ready to eat it again. (which won’t be very long!)
Can you meal prep this party favorite?
You can! If you have time to make it the night before, do so! It will save you in total time the day of the party or gathering and it gives time for the flavors to mesh well.
Be sure to use an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap.
Do you have to use mayo or can you use sour cream?
Mayonnaise is the star of the dip! Sour cream might be what some dips use but for this one – it’s mayonnaise all the way.
How do you add a bit of spice to this Neiman Marcus Dip?
Cayenne pepper is always a simple addition that can really add heat but not all of your guests may be able to handle it. Consider offering the cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder on the side.
Why is it called ‘Million Dollar Dip’?
As the story goes, this vintage recipe first appeared in Helen Corbitt’s Cookbook (by Helen Corbitt) as a cheese spread called “Almond-Bacon-Cheese Spread.” Nieman Marcus is credited with first serving it as a dip in its department store restaurant the Zodiac Room. By any name, there’s a good reason the original recipe has become one of today’s best classic party dip recipes!
More Easy Dip Recipes to try:
Million Dollar Dip
- 1 3/4 cup mayonaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- 5 Green Onions – diced
- 5 slices bacon – cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Almonds – Slivered or sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and enjoy with your favorite crackers.