I love that I’m home each morning and able to make my kid’s breakfast before they start their day and head off to school. I always make sure it’s a healthy breakfast that will give them the energy and stamina to make it to lunch. Some days that means yogurt and granola, a whole grain cereal and bananas, whole wheat pancakes, waffles or egg qusadillas. But, I don’t always have time to make a hot breakfast from scratch, so I try to make things ahead of time. Pancakes and waffles can be frozen and popped in the toaster or microwave each morning and I love these Sausage, Egg and Cheese Make Ahead Sunrise Breakfast Bites!
These Make Ahead Sunrise Breakfast Bites are easy to make ahead and just warmed up as needed. This is also a great recipe to add in whatever you’d like – ham, cheese, green peppers, bacon and more! It’s up to you! Just use the base recipe and add in your favorite fillings. My kids even love them plain with just the eggs and potatoes. YUM! Sometimes I’ll grab a package of crescent rolls or biscuits and place in the bottom of the muffin tin to form a crust and they’re super tasty! Whatever you decide to fill them with, they’ll be great! This Breakfast Bite recipe is easy, healthy, very versatile AND sure to be a hit in your family!
- 1 lb browned sausage
- 1 half package of Ore-Ida O’Brien frozen potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese I like Cheddar or Colby-Jack
- 1.5 cups cream or milk I use half evaporated milk and half 2% or whole milk
- 6 eggs
- Lightly spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray
- Layer sausage, potatoes & cheese in order given in each muffin tin.
- Mix eggs and cream together in large bowl. Pour into each muffin tin - almost to top
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are just set in center, being careful to not overbake.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.