This jalapeño popper dip is easy, cheesy, and baked until bubbly, warm, and toasty on top. Serve it at your next party and watch it disappear!
Consider jalapeño popper dip a deconstructed version of jalapeño poppers. There’s no stuffing of peppers here—just throw all the ingredients in a baking dish, bake them to perfection, and serve with chips for dipping. It’s pretty much the easiest way to enjoy the creamy, cheesy, spicy, and bacon-y goodness of jalapeño poppers at home!
Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip Recipe
What I love about this dip is that I don’t always have time to make jalapeño poppers for a big party—stuffing all those peppers for a crowd takes a lot of time! Jalapeño popper dip is much better suited for a huge holiday get-together, and you won’t even have to worry about wearing gloves because the jalapeños and green chiles are canned. Win!
The other win with jalapeño popper dip is that it’s deeeelicious, and the kind of snack you just keep coming back to again and again. (Let’s be real, it’s hard to save room for dinner when you have a creamy, cheesy baked dip beckoning you.) I also find that it’s less spicy than jalapeño poppers, so even if you’re not usually a fan of those, this dip might just end up being your new favorite party food!
- Cream cheese – Let the cream cheese sit on the counter for a bit so it softens; this makes it easier to mix in the other ingredients.
- Monterey Jack cheese – Cheddar or a Mexican blend will work, too, or amp up the heat with shredded pepper jack.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Canned chopped green chiles
- Canned chopped pickled jalapeños
- Cooked bacon – You can substitute bacon bits if you’re in a time-crunch.
- Panko bread crumbs
- Salted butter
- Jalapeño Popper Dip Without Mayonnaise – Not a fan of mayo? Use sour cream instead.
- Vegetarian Jalapeño Popper Dip – Omit the bacon or use a plant-based bacon instead.
- Spicy Jalapeño Popper Dip – Use a second can of pickled jalapeños instead of green chiles.
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Dip
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Make the Dip
Beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, chiles, peppers, 6 slices of crumbled bacon, and 1/4 cup Parmesan in a large bowl until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Scoop the dip mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3. Make the Topping
Combine the panko, butter, and remaining Parmesan in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the dip, then top with the remaining bacon.
Bake the dip uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Garnish and Serve
Garnish with green onions and sliced jalapeños, if desired, and serve with chips or crackers.
How to Store Jalapeño Popper Dip
If you have leftover dip (doubtful!), cover the baking dish with foil or plastic wrap, or transfer the leftovers to an airtight storage container. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days. You can also make this recipe in advance by assembling it ahead of time, then baking it just before your party.
Can you reheat jalapeño popper dip?
Yes, you can reheat any leftovers! This dip can be warmed up in the microwave, or in the oven at 350ºF; the amount of time needed will depend on the amount of dip being reheated.
What do you eat with jalapeño cheese dip?
Tortilla chips, Frito scoops, and buttery crackers are all great options! Thick slices of bread or toast will work too.
How do you soften cream cheese?
Let the cream cheese sit on the counter for 30 to 45 minutes before you plan on starting the recipe. You can also unwrap the cheese, place it on a plate, and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
More Warm Dip Recipes for a Party
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Monteray Jack Cheese Blend shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 4 oz chopped green chiles
- 4 oz chopped pickled jalapeños
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped into pieces
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, monterey jack cheese, chiles, peppers, 6 slices of bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan until blended.
- Add to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle over cheese mixture. Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 min. or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- Serve with chips or crackers.