We are smack dab in the middle of cold and flu season. I’ve been seeing my Facebook Timeline FULL of posts of sicks kids and parents with colds, viruses and all other kinds of YUKS. But you know what….we’ve been staying pretty healthy and I have to share why!
Young Living’s Thieves Essential Oil.
I know that you may be thinking – how in the world is a little bottle of essential oil going to help me and my family stay healthy? Medicine can’t even do that. But, I’m here to tell you that it can! It’s been our saving grace this year and here’s How We’re Staying Healthy This Cold And Flu Season!
Last year we spent the ENTIRE winter sick. I’m not kidding. We got everything from colds to flu to fifths disease to strep. It was bad. Really bad. It was like a never ending cycle and really depressing. Once we got over one thing, the next would hit and we’d be down! So, I decided to hit it hard this year with my essential oils.
We use Thieves on all of us and several times a day! We use it in the mornings before the kids go to school and before we start our day and at night before bed – on the feet. We use it to brush our teeth with. We diffuse it in the air and to wipe our counters with. We use it constantly. AND – we haven’t been sick! Sydney – 18 months – has had some congestion and a runny nose, but that’s it. The big kids have been staying healthy even with going to school and being around all the sick kids. Even our daycare has been sick and we haven’t.
So, what’s the big deal with Thieves.
Thieves was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health. It is also safe to use on counter tops, as a non-toxic way to cleanse surfaces, or to purify the atmosphere by diffusing. Thieves is wonderful for eliminating and controlling pathogens due to the potency of its constituents.
How do I use Thieves?
The most common way is to use it as a preventative on the bottom of your feet. The feet have the largest pores in our body and they carry it through our entire body. You can also use it where you need it – like if your throat is scratchy. Rub in on your throat or even gargle with a little water. I have a huge list below of other ways to use it…but to start. I say get it on daily.
How much is it?
It’s not bad. $44.41 retail or $33.75 wholesale (I can help you sign up for that! – just message me by clicking the email icon by my photo in the social icons or click here!)
There are about 250 drops in a 15 mL bottle – so that comes out to $ .13 a drop. So, the bottle will last a while and you’re saving a ton considering how much a doctor visit is, copays and prescriptions and over the counter medicines are – Thieves is cheap!
I’d love to chat more with you about how Thieves can work in your home! Let me know in the comments below and I’ll contact you! Or go to my Young Living site and order! I promise you that you won’t be disappointed!
- Apply 1-3 drops to cuts or open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing.
- Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for a sore throat.
- Apply to upper chest and throat with V-6 Massage Oil for chest tightness.
- Put a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth for a headache.
- Put 4-8 drops in a capsule with olive oil and swallow daily for longevity.
- For skin blemishes, take internally and apply to the skin diluted with V-6 Massage Oil.
- Put a couple drops directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu.
- Diffuse in your home to keep the yuk count down.
- Breathe in the vapors when you have lung congestion.
- Use to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
- Add several drops to your mop water for cleaner floors.
- Mix 8-12 drops with water in a 4 oz. spray bottle to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
- Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels.
- Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
- Apply to gums to keep gums healthy.
- Apply orally to maintain healthy teeth.
- Apply a drop or two to gums and teeth for pain relief from toothaches.
- Diffuse 15-30 minutes daily in homes or business to solve smells and germs.
- Add 1 drop to orange juice and drink to reduce phlegm and congestion.
- Apply to broken bones or joints with V-6 for pain relief and to hasten healing.
- Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavor and to maintain health.
- Put on the tip of your tongue to help you stop smoking.
- Put on cold sores with V-6 to make them disappear.
- For warts: apply topically, inhale and take 2-3 drops in a capsule to make them disappear.
- Rub on sore joints with V-6 Massage Oil to relieve pain.
- Drink a few drops in water or juice every three hours to stop a cold.
- Place a drop in a glass of water every day for herpes.
- Rub a 2 drops on the bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school every day.
- Diffuse in the house as your children come home from school every day.
- Mix 2-4 drops with V-6 Massage Oil and rub on daily for relief of shingle pain.
- Apply a drop on a wound of a cat or dog to clear it up.
- Diffuse in the home or office to stimulate a cheerful mood.
- Diffuse in the office to increase concentration and work efficiency.
- Diffuse in your place of business to ward off the germs.
- Diffuse in the classroom to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
- Put a few drops in your carpet steamer to disinfect carpet.
- Mix 1-2 drops with honey or Blue Agave in a teaspoon for cough relief.
- Breathe and apply for sinus headaches.
- Put a drop on a pimple to make it shrink and disappear.
- For loss of voice, put a drop under your tongue with V-6 to restore your voice.
- Inhale for relief of allergy symptoms.
- Take a capsule full every day for relief of illness symptoms.
- Carry a bottle on every flight to protect you from germs on the plane.
- Put a few drops on a tissue, place near the heat/AC vents of a hotel to rid it of airborne germs.
- Apply one drop on an infected wound of a cat or dog to clear it up.
- Mix several drops with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
- Apply to the toes and feet to combat foot fungus.
- Apply with V-6 Massage Oil to poison ivy rashes to relieve the itch.
I agree! We SWEAR by Thieves! We use it every single day during the cold and flu season (diffuse it and roller bottle on our feet) and have never got a full blown cold, except for the one time last year I ran out of Thieves! I’ll never let that happen again, I always order when I’m down to one bottle now… We don’t have children, but I have read that Thieves is not safe for children under the age of 10, because of the eucalyptus. I thought I remember it saying Eucalyptus could do something with blood vessels in the lungs or something maybe? You haven’t had any issues? I wanted to give some to my sister who has three kids, ages 12, 9 and 7 because they’re all always sick throughout the winter! But I thought there was a reason you couldn’t use it near children. Have you heard this? Any ideas?
Hmmmm….I think it’s ok. You better do a Google check to make sure. I do use it on my kids all the time tho. 😉 Glad it works for you, too!!
I’m intrigued by the tooth repair…would you just put a drop on your finger & rub it on? I have a tooth that has cracked & I know I will need a root canal.
Jenny, I’ve heard that people put a few drops on a cotton ball and hold it in their mouth over the tooth several times a day and I’ve heard that you can put the drops on your gums around the tooth. I would do both if I had an issue.
I honestly thought that was the only thing Thieves was used for. I have been putting it on my gums whenever I have had a tooth issue for years. It works great as it numbs whatever it touches!