There’s just some food that is better when made at home and granola is one of them! I love a good granola – one that is sweet and salty, full of nuts and oats and of course, good for you! I’ve tried several recipes and this is one of my favorites PLUS it’s very versatile.
Use different nuts, add fruit, stir in a little flax or coconut oil – whatever you love can be added with ease and lack of fear that it won’t turn out! Give it a try!
Next time you’re in the mood for a good granola (and really who isn’t most of the time?!) try this recipe. Keep it in an airtight container in the pantry and add it to your yogurt, on top of ice cream or even in a bowl with milk for your breakfast cereal.
It’s so good AND good for you! This Healthy Homemade Granola will become a pantry staple in your home in no time!
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond slices
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbs REAL maple syrup
- Preheat over to 325 degrees
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir
- Over low heat, melt butter.
- Add maple syrup and honey
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat
- Add in vanilla and stir
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Place granola on a lined baking sheet
- Put into oven for 30 minutes - string every 10 to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet (granola will harden as it cools)
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container or ziploc bag
Made this last night. It is delicious! Easy to make, too. My family is devouring it already!
I would go with the Moroccan Endless Circle Lattice. My other half bought a dressor second hand–it has great lines but is a terrible combo of forest green and brown! I'd like to spice up the dressor top with the stencil, keeping it malncsiue, but brighten it up with soft white and blue. Thanks!
Yum! I love putting granola in my yogurt and this looks delicious!
Gosh, that looks delicious!
I’ve never tasted maple syrup – I wonder if Golden syrup would taste the same?
I hope you are enjoying the tribe week! best wishes
Love making granola at home. Considering how easy it is, hard to believe how expensive the store bought stuff is!