Instead of buying chicken nuggets or strips at the store, make your own! This easy recipe for Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets will quickly become a family favorite like it has in our home.
Over the past several years, I have been trying to move my family away from processed foods and include a greater variety of whole foods daily.
Here’s a few more chicken recipes that you may like to try next! Raised and Rooted Nuggets, California Chicken, White Chicken Chili
Healthy Chicken Nuggets
Thankfully, my kids really enjoy healthy, good-for-you foods most of the time! Of course, they enjoy junk food, too! Especially, chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce! Not that ALL Chicken Nuggets are bad – some are made with natural ingredients and are super easy to cook in a jiffy. BUT, I wanted to come up with a recipe that uses REAL ingredients that we all enjoy and I think I’ve found it!
Whether you decide to make Chicken Nuggets or Chicken Strips, this recipe will definitely work!
I like to use the chicken tenders that you find in the fresh meat section at the store. They’re tender and delicious AND easy to cut up!
My kids LOVE this chicken nuggets recipe! And I really think your kids will, too!
Here are my favorite tools for this recipe:
- Bowls for dipping the chicken in
- Skillet to cook in (an electric skillet is great for this, too!)
- Tongs to cook with
How To Make Chicken Nuggets From Scratch
Check out this recipe for delicious Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe the next time your kids are begging for their favorite “kid” food! I promise that you’re going to enjoy them as well!
Healthy Chicken Nuggets and Strips
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Cut the chicken into small chunks or into strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika, and garlic powder
- Dip the chicken first into the eggs and then into the breadcrumb mixture
- Transfer to a plate while you finish all the pieces this way
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat
- Cook the chicken nuggets for several minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Make sure the nuggets are cooked all the way through
- Transfer the nuggets to a plate lined with paper towels to help drain off any excess oil.
Pair your Chicken nuggets or strips with a side of veggies and my favorite macaroni and cheese for a perfect weeknight meal!
Serve with homemade Honey Mustard – Just mix equal parts honey, mayo and dijon mustard in a bowl. It’s so good!
*Recipe adapted from 100 Days of Real Food