This is the easiest recipe for Funfetti Cookies you’ll ever make! Soft, chewy, and filled with sprinkles, these 3-ingredient cake mix cookies are the best!
Funfetti cake mix cookies are made with only three simple ingredients – funfetti cake mix, oil, and eggs. So easy! Thie recipe for funfetti cookies is one of my favorites!
3-Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies For The Win!
If you need a reason to have a little fun and celebrate, I have the cookie for you! Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies! These cookies make for a perfect after-school snack or a great way to celebrate the weekend. No matter when you enjoy them, they are for sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!
They’re so easy to make (even kids can make them!) and use minimal ingredients you most likely have on hand. Soft, chewy, and filled with sprinkles – these funfetti cookies are just…FUN!
If you like easy desserts like this one, be sure to try my other cake mix cookie varieties like our Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies, too!
See the recipe card below for the full measurements and directions.
- Funfetti Box Cake Mix: Any brand of Funfetti cake mix will do.
- Vegetable Oil: With this recipe, you want to use vegetable or canola oil. This is what keeps your cookies moist!
- Eggs– Eggs are the binder and help form your cookies and add richness.
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
Step 1: Prep
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Step 2: Add Ingredients and mix
In a large bowl, add the Funfetti cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix until combined and fluffy. Chill in your fridge for 15-30 minutes to allow your dough to chill. This makes it easier to form the cookies.
Step 3: Shape Cookies
With a medium cookie scoop, add cookie dough onto the baking sheet and roll in sprinkles.
Step 4: Bake
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
Step 5: Rest
Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then ransfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Tips for Making the Best Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Sprinkles. Who doesn’t love more sprinkles? Once you make the cookie ball you can roll these in sprinkles if you opt not to frost them.
- Parchment Paper. If you find your cookies sticking to your tray use a sheet of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overcook. If you overcook your cookies they will dry out and fall apart. Be sure to cook them just until they are set.
Even though this recipe is for soft funfetti cookies, let’s not forget that you can easily change the recipe just by changing up the type of cake mix. This opens up the door for so many other delicious desserts!
If you’re not a fan of sprinkles, you can add a bit of frosting on top, too. You really can’t go wrong with any type of toppings for these easy cake mix cookies.
How to Store:
You will want to store these cookies at room temperature for up to 4 days in a Ziploc bag.
These cookies will freeze nicely prior to being frosted.
Just let them cool completely and then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place cookies on the tray. Place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour and let them harden, then add them to a Ziploc Freezer bag and return them to the freezer. These cookies will last in the freezer for about 2 months.
When you are ready to enjoy, pull out the desired about and sit at room temperature for about 2 hours then frost and enjoy.
Can I use any flavor of cake mix?
Yes! You absolutely can pick up any flavor of cake mix to make these cookies. The recipe does not change at all, but the flavor will depending on what flavor of cake mix you use. Try strawberry, carrot, or even german chocolate cake mix!
Can I freeze cookies once they’re baked?
You can! Just let the cookies cool down all the way and then pop them into the freezer. They’ll freeze for later and you’ll be able to enjoy them sometime again in the near future.
Why did my cookies fall apart?
More than likely, you baked the cookies too long. The other reason that cookies may crumble is that they’re too dry. Adding a bit more of a binding agent may be what the mixture needs.
Love this cookie recipe? Check out these other easy desserts!
Try these other great cookie recipes!
- Gooey Butter Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- 7-Layer Magic Cookies
- 1 box 15.25 oz Funfetti cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, add the Funfetti cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix until combined and fluffy. Chill in your fridge for 15-30 minutes to allow your dough to chill. This makes it easier to form the cookies.
- With a medium cookie scoop, add cookie dough onto the baking sheet and roll in sprinkles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.