This Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips is such an easy recipe to make! All you need for this delicious fruit salsa is fresh fruit, tortillas, cinnamon, and sugar. Trust me, it’s the best thing, ever.
Fruity salsa is perfect for when that warm weather hits and you’re wanting to add a fresh and sweet dessert.
Easy Fruit Salsa Recipe
I look forward to making this simple fruit salsa the moment that the weather starts to turn warm. For best results, I highly recommend using fresh fruit when it’s in season. This is a favorite snack for my kids and also a fun appetizer a to share with family and friends. I also love to bring this to any and all family gathering events as well.
Make this homemade salsa with some of your favorite summer fruits. The more diced fruit that you use, the more colorful fruit salsa you’re going to have. Make certain to read up on my tips on How to Store Fresh Fruit as well.
After I had Sydney, I was blessed with a meal every other day for two weeks from my mom’s group at Church. It helped us out tremendously! I didn’t have to worry about cooking or going to the store and we were able to try new things and get new ideas for our own meal plan.
One of the items someone brought over was this Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips. MmmmmMmmmMmmmm! I loved it! I’m not a huge fruit fan but I couldn’t get enough of this! It was a mixture of sweet and tart and the chips complimented it perfectly.
I’m going to share the recipe with you so that you can enjoy it in your home! It’s simple to put together and is perfect to take to a party or to a new mom. I now love to gift this fresh fruit salsa to others as well for a sweet and delicious treat!
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries that are in season have the best flavor.
- Kiwi – Make sure to peel the kiwi first!
- Oranges – You can use mandarines as well.
- Brown sugar – Just a tad bit of sugar is needed for extra sweetness.
- Flour tortillas – These are perfect for homemade chips!
- Cinnamon and sugar – An easy topping to give the tortillas some flavor.
- Cooking spray or melted butter
How To Make Sweet Fruit Salsa
Step 1: Prepare the fruit
Peel and core the apples and chop apples into small pieces. Cut up the strawberries and the kiwi.
Step 2: Add to a bowl
Add the fruit to a bowl.
Step 3: Add flavor
Zest 1 T of the orange and add it to the bowl.
Step 4: Add orange juice
Add 2 T of orange juice.
Step 5: Add sugar
Add brown sugar and jelly to the mix. Put in the fridge until ready to serve. (This will give it enough time to chill)
To make the Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips:
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Mix
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl.
Step 3: Make the chips
Coat the tortilla chips with butter.
Step 4: Add sugar
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on both sides of the tortilla.
Step 5: Cut
Cut the flour tortilla into triangles. You can use a pizza cutter for this as it makes it super simple and easy to do.
Step 6: Bake
Place them on a baking sheet/cookie sheet in a single layer and put them in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Step 7: Serve
Let cool completely then top with fruit salsa. They’re the perfect vessel for holding this healthy appetizer!
How do you store leftover homemade cinnamon tortilla chips?
To keep them as fresh as possible, store them in an airtight container. This is the easiest way to store the remaining tortilla wedges.
What is an easy way to cut up and prep this fruity salsa?
If you don’t want to cut up all the fruit for this great recipe by hand, use a food chopper and see if that works better for you.
Can you add other fruits to this summer fruit salsa?
You can add anything that you’d like. The recipe listed below is how I like to eat it, but you can change it up and add other options.
What else can you use to dip into this tangy fruit salsa?
While homemade tortillas are my absolute favorite, there are some other great options, too. Graham crackers can be a great choice as cinnamon crisps as well.
Can you use frozen fruit for this healthy fruit salsa?
Fresh fruit works best! Frozen fruit tends to release a lot of liquid which can make the salsa soggy.
Baked cinnamon tortilla chips with fruit salsa is the best and such a refreshing flavor and taste!
Looking for more of my favorite things to cook up at home? Check out these great recipes:
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 pint strawberries diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 kiwi peeled and diced
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Baked Cinnamon Chips
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- cooking spray or melted butter
- Peel and core apples. Coarsely chop apple slices.
- Dice strawberries and kiwi.
- Place fruit in a bowl.
- Zest 1 tbs of the orange and add it to bowl.
- Add 2 tbs of orange juice
- Add brown sugar and jelly to fruit mixture; mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl
- Coat tortillas with cooking spray or butter on each side
- Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon/sugar mixture on each side
- Cut tortillas into triangles
- Place on baking sheet in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool completely before removing from baking sheet
- Spoon Fruit Salsa into serving bowl and serve with Baked Cinnamon Chips.
I love fruit salsas! Your salsa looks gorgeous, and cinnamon chips must be so addictive!