One of the ways I stay sane when life is so busy is to plan ahead whenever possible. If I know that we have a busy day ahead, I’ll make sure to plan out our meals and get whatever I can ready to go – chop veggies, put a meal in the crock pot or have it all in a pan ready to be cooked at dinner time. That really helps this crazy mom make sure we have dinner to eat. Otherwise, we’re having Peanut Butter and Jelly or Quesadillas! (which isn’t all that bad some days!!)
Another way I love to be prepared and to take a little stress off my plate is to have some things ready to go for breakfast or lunch like these Freezer Breakfast Burritos!
Thanks to Jimmy Dean for partnering with me on this post!
So good and so easy to make, Freezer Breakfast Burritos will quickly become a family favorite in your house like they are in mine! The recipe I’m going to share below is a basic recipe that you can also add things to. Like potatoes with your eggs? Cook up some frozen potatoes and add to the mix when you’re assembling! Want to lighten it up a bit? Use egg whites instead of whole eggs, drop the cheese and use a low carb tortilla and turkey bacon! The choice is yours! But this is our family’s favorite way of eating them, so I’m sharing that way with you today!
Another way to switch up your Breakfast Burritos is to change up the sausage. Jimmy Dean® has three flavors that are perfect – Hot, Country Mild and Regular! YUM! All great choices available at Meijer! Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage is the perfect addition to any meal, not just breakfast dishes. Adding it to a dinner dish is a great way to spice up the typical weekday dinner routine with a great-tasting versatile ingredient with a unique, savory blend of seasonings.
We like to use Jimmy Dean® Sausage in this yummy Sausage Smashed Burger Recipe for dinner at our house, too!
This is an awesome recipe from Jimmy Dean® that I am sure your family will love, too! We use the hot sausage for this recipe. It gives it an extra zip!
The best stories happen when the entire family is gathered together around the table enjoying a delicious meal together so we make it a priority to do that daily! Right now our kids are all at great ages to sit and tell us about their day so I try to be prepared in the kitchen so that I can sit and relax and enjoy them all!
Check out my recipe for Make Ahead Freezer Burritos and the Sausage Smash Burger from Jimmy Dean® below. They’re both winners! Which recipe would you like to try? Are there any changes you’d make?
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- 12 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean pork sausage crumbled, cooked and drained
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 24 flour tortillas
- Melt butter in a large preheated skillet.
- Beat eggs in large bowl until slightly fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the skillet.
- Cook eggs, stirring frequently, until scrambled and set.
- Place about 1/2 cup egg and sausage onto each tortilla and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Folding in the ends, roll up each tortilla to make burritos
- Place the burritos on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets and freeze until completely frozen and firm.
- After they are frozen, wrap each burrito individually in foil and package in zip-lock freezer bags.
- When you're ready to eat, unwrap the burritos and wrap loosely paper towels
- Heat in the microwave on high power for 1-3 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
Sausage Smash Burger
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage
- ½ cup Homemade Pickles see recipe below
- 1 cup Sprout Slaw see recipe below
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 1 cup shredded <g class="gr_ gr_131 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="131" data-gr-id="131">jarlsberg</g> cheese
- Homemade Pickles
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cucumber seeded and sliced
- Sprout Slaw
- 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- Combine sugar, vinegar and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add cucumber slices. Refrigerate for an hour before use, the cucumbers will be tender yet still have texture.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, mayonnaise and garlic paste in a mixing bowl; keep refrigerated until use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions, butter and cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often until onions are tender. Drain and reserve excess butter to toast bread slices, refrigerate onions until cooled.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved onion butter in the same skillet over medium. Toast 2 slices of bread at a time until desired doneness, repeat with remaining ingredients and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the tomato slices until a slight charring occurs, set aside.
- Combine the sausage and caramelized onions together in a mixing bowl. Divide the sausage mix into 4 equal parts and roll into individual ball-shapes. Using the same skillet, smash the sausage into the skillet with a flat spatula until you have your desired thickness. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the natural juices run clear. Finish with the shredded cheese and let melt before removing from the skillet. You can cook them all in the same skillet or two at a time. Layer the burger between toasted bread with tomatoes, pickles and slaw. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are entirely my own.