Love pom poms as much as I do? Make you own DIY Ombre Pom Poms with this quick tutorial! Still one of the top posts on All Things Mamma with dozens of Pinterest hits daily – check out our original post How To Make Tissue Paper Pom Poms if you need step-by-step directions with photos. They’re super helpful!
How To Make Ombre Pom Poms
- eight to twelve 20x30 inch various coordinating colors of tissue paper
- fishing line or ribbon
- Start by stacking eight to twelve 20x30 inch sheets of tissue paper together from lightest to darkest.
- Measure from the short edge of the paper up 1.5 inches and 3 inches and mark at each spot.
- Start to accordian fold the paper from the short end all the way up the length of the paper in 1.5 inch increments.
- Fold the paper in half to find the center and tie a ribbon, fishing line or floral wire around the center to hold the paper in place.
- Using scissors, trim the ends of the paper into a point or rounded.
- Start separating the tissue paper layers from each other, pulling toward the center CAREFULLY.
- Pull the layers all the way around the pom to create the full Pom look you'd like.
- Using a ribbon or fishing line, hang the newly made Pom from the ceiling or light fixtures.
That’s it! It’s really easy once you try it. I have bought them from the store when I was in a pinch and they never turn out as nice as the ones I make myself. Plus, they’re always more expensive. It’s silly to pay $10 for a few sheets of tissue paper when you can spend $2 and get two homemade pom poms that you made yourself!
I hope this tutorial helps when you decide to make your own Ombre Pom Poms! They’re super cute and super easy !