This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is packed with fall spices and tons of pumpkin flavor that the whole family will love.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
If you think the only thing missing from pumpkin recipes is chocolate, then this pumpkin chocolate chip bread is exactly what you need. It has all the warm and comforting flavor of your favorite fall baked goods, and it’s studded with chocolate to fill all your cravings.
Pumpkin has become the go-to fall flavor. It’s great any time of year, but when temperatures start to dip and leaves turn gold, make this your go-to breakfast or late-night snack. It’s pumpkin perfection!
If you prefer pumpkin bread without chocolate, try Deliciously Easy Pumpkin Bread. For more pumpkin goodness, check out this popular recipe: Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is great because it’s simple and doesn’t require a ton of ingredients. If you stock up on canned pumpkin and chocolate chips, you can make this quick bread any time you want. You can even make your own pumpkin pie spice to use in this recipe!
Fresh out of the oven, warmed up with a little butter or sliced off the loaf on the counter, this pumpkin bread is great anytime. Make extra to bring family and friends as a nice fall gift. Pair it with your pumpkin spice latte for a yummy fall breakfast.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Pumpkin spice – store-bought, or make your own!
- Baking soda – For best results, use baking soda that’s less than a month old
- Eggs – Get them out ahead of time so they can come to room temperature
- Canned pumpkin or homemade puree
- Canola oil
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flour – All-purpose is best, but for a healthier muffin, substitute whole grain flour. You can also use cup-for-cup gluten-free flour. If you do, add an extra egg.
- Pumpkin Puree – If you have a can of pumpkin pie filling, you can use it instead of the canned puree and omit the pumpkin pie spice.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
2. Mix the dry ingredients
Combine the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. Beat the wet ingredients
Beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil in another mixing bowl.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for ten minutes, then remove the loaves to cool completely on wire racks.
If you hit chocolate with your toothpick, wipe it off and pick a different spot to check.
Pumpkin bread is delicious on its own or served warm, spread with butter. Enjoy!
How to Store Homemade Pumpkin Bread
As long as you keep it in an airtight container, you can store it for 1-2 days at room temperature. To keep it fresh longer, put it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It should keep for up to 5 days.
Test with a toothpick or knife. If it comes out sticky or gooey, put the bread back in the oven for five minutes. The top should also spring back slightly if you touch it. If you leave a finger indent, it is undercooked.
You may have too much moisture. Measure the ingredients exactly, using the scoop and level method, to make sure the texture is right.
Cool the finished bread completely, for 1-2 hours. Wrap with foil or plastic wrap and place it in a plastic bag or storage container. Pumpkin bread keeps for 1-2 days at room temperature but it can be refrigerated for 5 days or frozen for 2 months.
Check your oven temperature. If the pumpkin bread is browned or even burned on the outside but not cooked in the middle, lower the oven temperature. Try baking it at 325 instead of 350.
Using room temperature ingredients and avoiding overmixing and overbaking are the keys to perfectly soft quick bread texture.
If you’re looking for more….try these recipes next!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Yellow Cake Mix Cookies
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin spice, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased 8×4-inch loaf pans. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
With its quilted construction, the john dutton quilted jacket provides insulation and warmth, making it an excellent choice for colder climates or chilly seasons
Get your hands on Guardians Of Galaxy Star Lord Leather Jacket and enjoy free worldwide shipping! This jacket is inspired by the iconic outfit worn by Peter Quill, aka Star Lord, in the hit Marvel movie franchise. Made with high-quality leather and designed with attention to detail, this jacket is perfect for any fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Don’t miss out on this great offer!
Yellowstone Jackets care for your fashion requirements. We uphold the premium quality Wesley Snipes Blade Trinity Biker Leather Jacket that bring you a new style.