Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies are a dessert bar made for chocolate and peanut butter lovers! They’re chewy, rich, and a little bit like a Reese’s peanut butter cup in the form of a blondie bar!
If you just can’t get enough of the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, you’re not alone! Some of my most popular recipes feature this dynamic duo: Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, and No-Bake Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Balls. And if you’re looking for a snackable, handheld treat with lots of peanut butter flavor, that’s exactly where these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies come in.
They have that signature chewy blondie texture, but they taste like peanut butter and they’re studded with chocolate chips. Best blondies ever? I sure think so!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
Because I am all about customizable recipes, let me tell you—these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies have lots of room to make them your own.
Use half chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips, or swap them out for chopped peanut butter cups or those tiny PB cups that they sell in the baking section. Love Reese’s Pieces? Those are amazing here too!
This is one of those recipes that you’re bound to make again and again!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Unsalted butter – Melt this in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stovetop, then let it cool a bit.
- Brown sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg.
- Egg yolk
- All-purpose flour – Sift this before adding it to the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies batter.
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes – This is optional, but it adds a little bit of crunch to the top, along with a nice contrast to the sweetness.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 or 9-inch baking pan, or line it with parchment paper for easy blondie removal.
2. Cream the Butters and Sugars
Place the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl and cream them with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat in the peanut butter. (You can use a food processor instead if you prefer.)
3. Add the Eggs
Beat in the eggs one at a time at low speed, followed by the yolk.
4. Finish the Batter
In another mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Scatter the remaining chocolate chips over the top, then sprinkle with sea salt, if using. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are set, but the center still jiggles a little bit.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
Wrap the blondies in the pan or transfer them to an airtight container. They’ll keep for up to 5 days at room temperature, or they can be frozen for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
Blondies are a dessert bar just like brownies, but they’re made without cocoa powder or melted chocolate. Instead, they’re flavored with vanilla extract and brown sugar, which gives them a subtle butterscotch or caramel-like flavor.
No, most blondies are not made with peanut butter, but these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies actually are peanut butter flavored blondies!
Blondies should be soft and chewy in the middle, but not necessarily gooey or raw. If the center of your blondies seems to be unbaked batter, it’s a sign that you should leave your blondies in the oven longer next time!
Every oven is different, so I recommend checking the blondies towards the last 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set and feel dry, while the center should be a bit wobbly. Like brownies, a center that’s slightly under-baked will continue to set from the residual heat of the pan even after you pull the blondies out of the oven.
More Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 + ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 + ¼ cup all purpose flour sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips + more on to for decoration
- sea salt flakes on top optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars on low. Add peanut butter. You can also use a food processor for this recipe.
- One by one add eggs and yolk. Beat on low until all combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and then add to wet ingredients. Mix on low until everything combines. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 8 or 9 inch brownie pan (greased or lined with parchment paper). Decorate with chocolate chips and sea salt flakes if using.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The center should still be a little wobbly.
The texture of these blondies is soft, buttery and chewy.
The edges will get cooked faster and may be a little dryer, but these can be easily cut off before serving.