Chicken spaghetti recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. This isa classic all-time favorite comfort dish the whole family will love.
Made with rotisserie chicken or holiday leftovers, this chicken spaghetti casserole recipe will have even the kids asking for more!
My go-to dinner recipe for family gatherings, this chicken spaghetti casserole is the absolute best comfort food. It’s made with simple, delicious ingredients and requires minimal prep!
Looking for more chicken casserole recipes? You can’t go wrong with my quick and easy chicken and rice casserole, Chicken and Dumpling Casserole, Chicken Divan, or try a more traditional Baked Spaghetti recipe.
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Now that fall has officially begun, I’ve been reaching for my favorite cold-weather comfort foods — and this mouthwatering chicken spaghetti recipe is at the top of my list! There is just so much to love about this cheesy chicken spaghetti. It is an easy (and super tasty) way to use leftover chicken from Thanksgiving or Christmas, it’s a great meal-prep recipe, and it is a great way to serve a larger crowd.
The best part? You can make it ahead of time (up to 6 months ahead of time!), freeze it, then just pop it into the oven when you’re ready to cook. If you ask me, an easy weeknight dinner that is kid-friendly is a win-win!
For this cheesy chicken spaghetti recipe, you’ll need:
- Spaghetti Noodles – All you need is one box of your favorite spaghetti noodles.
- Chicken – You’ll need cooked and shredded chicken, and you can use either light or dark meat. Keep it simple by using a rotisserie chicken or try it with any leftover chicken from my Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – You’ll need 2 whole cans of soup!
- Salsa – Don’t skip the salsa! It adds a whole new level of flavors to the casserole dish. Make your own homemade salsa or use your favorite store-bought brand.
- Sour Cream – Full fat or non fat, use your favorite version of any store-bought brand.
- Cheese – I like to use the Mexican cheese blend, but you can certainly change up the cheese to suit your taste!
- Taco Seasoning – Choose your favorite store-bought brand or make your own taco seasoning at home (it’s much easier than you think)!
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
STEP 1: PREPARE
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then grease a 9×13 baking dish.
STEP 2: COOK PASTA
Next, cook the spaghetti pasta according to package directions. When ready, drain.
STEP 3: COMBINE
Now mix together the cooked pasta, chicken, cream of chicken soup, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of cheese. Stir to combine.
STEP 4: POUR INTO BAKING DISH
When all of the ingredients are fully combined, pour the mixture into the 9×13 sprayed baking dish.
STEP 5: ADD CHEESE
Before you bake, top your chicken spaghetti casserole off with the remaining cup of cheese.
STEP 6: COOK CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
Cover the spaghetti casserole with foil and cook it in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble.
My favorite recipes are always the ones that can be customized easily, and this chicken casserole recipe is no exception!
- Make it even more cheesy – Who doesn’t love more cheese? You can always add more to your casserole mixture before baking or even the topping! Experiment by making chicken spaghetti with rotel or your favorite combination of cheeses to see which is your favorite.
- Make it deluxe – Upgrade your chicken spaghetti recipe with guacamole, crispy onions, or red or green peppers!
- Add a bit of heat – If you’re looking for some spice, try adding in a little cayenne, chili pepper flakes, or banana peppers while cooking. Be careful though — add just a little bit at a time so the heat doesn’t overwhelm the casserole recipe.
- For the kids – Enhance this already kid-friendly dinner recipe by adding in crushed potato chips (or even ketchup chips)!
This easy chicken spaghetti recipe is made of spaghetti noodles, chicken, cream of chicken soup, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and taco seasoning. You can also add in green or red peppers if desired.
Chicken spaghetti freezes very well! It can be made up to 6 months ahead of time, frozen (before cooking), then you can throw it in the oven to cook when you’re ready to eat. Sometimes I like to make the casserole recipe, divide it in half, cook half to eat now and freeze half for later — it’s a guaranteed kid-friendly weeknight dinner!
Calorie amounts always vary depending on how many extra ingredients you use, but classic chicken spaghetti is usually around 330 calories per 1 cup serving.
If you’re looking for more….try these recipes next!
- 1 box Spaghetti noodles 16 oz box
- 2 cups Cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cans Cream of chicken soup 20 oz cans
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend divided
- 1 tbsp Taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Mix together cooked pasta, chicken, cream of chicken soup, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and 1 cup cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×13 sprayed baking dish.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, until cheese begins to bubble.