Cheesy Mushroom and Onion Green Bean Casserole! This classic dish becomes a new family favorite that everyone at your Thanksgiving table will love – Cheesy Mushroom and Onion Green Bean Casserole!
Cheesy Mushroom and Onion Green Bean Casserole! #sidedish #greenbeancasserold #thanksgiving #christmas #allthingsmamma | allthingsmamma.com” src=”https://allthings-mamma.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Green-Bean-Casserole8.jpg” alt=”Green Bean Casserole” width=”800″ height=”536″ />
With Thanksgiving coming up, it also brings with it memories of the past. Memories of family get-togethers with lots of laughs and good food!
One of my favorite memories was gathering around the table on Thanksgiving with my mom and dad, grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousins. I remember that good kind of chaos of everyone talking at once, passing plates and rolls around the table before we all dug into Pumpkin and Pecan pies. Those are the kind of memories that never leave you.
One of our favorite dishes was the Classic Green Bean Casserole. You know, the one with green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions on top?!
It was the best! It was always on our table and on most of America’s table. It’s still a favorite dish for the holidays. But, this year I wanted to create a special little twist on this classic recipe, and I think I’ve hit it out of the park on this one!
Cheesy Mushroom and Onion Green Bean Casserole!
This recipe is easy to make, uses the classic ingredients plus adds in sautéed mushrooms and onions along with a slightly spicy pepper jack cheese. It’s soooo good!
This subtle twists gives it a not so subtle flavor. The sautéed mushrooms and onions infuse the green beans with a delicious flavor while the pepper jack cheese kicks it up a notch with a bit of spiciness.
Once the dish gets all bubbly and hot, add on the french fried onions and another sprinkling of pepper jack cheese and pop back into the oven for the onions to crisp up and the cheese to melt. It’s oh so good!
This classic dish becomes a new family favorite that everyone at your Thanksgiving table will love!
- 2 cans 10.5 oz. each Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cans 14.5 oz. each any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups French’s® Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Stir Campbell’s® soup, milk, salt, black pepper together in a bowl
- Add the butter and olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. When hot, add the mushrooms and onions and cook until soft and golden. Remove from heat.
- Add green beans, onions and mushrooms to bowl with soup mixture. Mix well.
- Add in 1 cup of pepper jack cheese and stir well.
- Place in 3 qt casserole dish, uncovered.
- Bake at 350°F, uncovered, for 25 min. or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture. Sprinkle with french fried onions and the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 5 min. or until onions are golden brown.
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas given people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!
Check out these Individual Green Bean Casseroles next!