Buffalo chicken wraps are spicy in the best way possible. Spicy buffalo chicken is paired with veggies and cheddar cheese and wrapped in a flour tortilla to create a mouthwatering flavor bomb.
Forget take-out and learn to make your own buffalo chicken wraps from scratch! This simple recipe shows you how to make super crunchy chicken and toss in buffalo sauce to make the ultimate buffalo chicken wrap. Great for dinner, tailgating for the big games, or that summer barbeque.
SPICY BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAPS
If you love buffalo wings and the oh-so-famous Buffalo Chicken Dip, you are guaranteed to fall in love with these buffalo chicken wraps. They take everything you love about hot wings and basically compact it all into one handy wrap. The wrap allows you to get everything in one big bite, so you experience all the flavors at the same time.
Don’t worry about them being overly spicy – they are spicy but in a delicious, flavorful way. The chicken is cooked in garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper for a strong base and then tossed in a hot sauce and butter mixture. The hot sauce combines with the butter to create a super creamy buffalo sauce with the perfect amount of spice.
Like buffalo wings, a dipping sauce is mandatory. However, with these wraps, the dipping sauce is included inside the tortilla. This allows you to get an extra burst of sauce in each and every bite. Bleu cheese is definitely my sauce of choice when it comes to buffalo chicken, but if you’re more a ranch person, feel free to sub it for the dressing.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAPS
- Chicken breasts – boneless, skinless chicken breast will be the best to make juicy strips.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Frank’s Red Hot
- Butter – make sure it is unsalted butter for balanced seasoning.
- Flour tortillas – use large tortillas for easy wrapping.
- Bleu cheese dressing – feel free to sub in ranch.
- Shredded lettuce
- Cheddar cheese – use shredded for easy wrapping.
HOW TO MAKE CRUNCHY BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAPS
1. MAKE THE CHICKEN
Clean and slice the chicken breasts into small, thin strips and toss with the spice mixture of garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Prep a large sauté pan with olive oil on high heat. When the pan is ready, cook the chicken strips for about 8-10 minutes. When done, transfer the chicken strips to a bowl.
2. ADD BUFFALO SAUCE
In a small pot over medium heat, mix together the hot sauce and butter until the butter is fully melted. The sauce will look very smooth and creamy. Add the sauce to the chicken and toss to coat.
3. WRAP TIME
Take your wrap and add about 4-5 strips of chicken. Top the remaining parts of the wrap with celery, lettuce, cheese, and bleu cheese dressing. Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll forward to seal.
HOW TO STORE
Buffalo chicken wraps won’t store well as a whole, but the chicken will hold up a few days in the fridge. Take any extra chicken and place it in an airtight container. It should last about 5-7 days when sealed properly.
The buffalo chicken can also be stored in the chicken, so you can have buffalo chicken whenever you want. Simply freeze any extra chicken and store it in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months. The chicken might lose some of its crispiness in the freezer, so you might have to warm it up in the oven to get the texture back.
A classic buffalo chicken wrap contains buffalo chicken, lettuce, cheese, and a bleu cheese dressing. Many varieties add celery to the wraps, just like wings.
Anything that would go with a sandwich would pretty much go with a buffalo wrap. Try to go with something on the blander side since the wrap packs a lot of spice. French fries, chips, pasta salad, or salads are some great options.
Buffalo chicken isn’t that spicy, but it depends on how well you can tolerate heat. If you know heat isn’t your thing, go with a hot sauce that falls on the milder side. If you want to up the spice, go with a hot sauce packed with hot peppers.
MORE BUFFALO CHICKEN RECIPES
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese dressing
- 2 cups lettuce shedded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shedded
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and toss with the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, heat the olive oil until hot. Cook the chicken strips until browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small pot, heat the hot sauce and butter together until the butter is melted and blends into the sauce. Add the sauce to the chicken and toss to coat.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface and add 4-5 strips of chicken, one tablespoon of diced celery, some lettuce and cheese, and one tablespoon of blue cheese dressing. Fold in the sides and roll forward to close.