One of the top recipes on All Things Mamma is our Buffalo Chicken Dip and for a good reason! It’s good stuff! It’s full of yummy goodness that people just love. Did you know that it’s actually made with canned chicken? Yep. It is. The canned chicken has a wonderful flavor, is tender and it’s super easy to add to the dip. So, since the buffalo chicken dip recipe is such a hit, I thought why not recreate it in a sandwich?! That’s right! I’m turning our favorite dip into a sandwich that I am sure will become a favorite!
This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is made just like my dip but I’m going to use the classic dressing for buffalo dip – blue cheese – instead of ranch, like in my buffalo dip recipe. With toasted bread, this sandwich has some WOW factor you’re gonna love! If you’re looking for a weekday lunch sandwich or a weekend sandwich to make for a fun gathering at your house, this is the sandwich! It’s so delicious and everyone will love it! Serve it along side some chips and celery and you have a great meal!
My favorite chicken to use it Hormel Chunk Chicken which is also an easy way to add great-tasting, satisfying protein to your meals. Because let’s face it, we need to make this sandwich somewhat healthy, right??! Hormel is one of my favorite brands to use in this recipe because it’s always tender and delicious! Make sure to check out their website for a ton of recipes you can use to make yummy meals, too! Hormel can make any meal no matter the occasion, delicious and at an affordable price. That’s a plus for any family!
Check out this Buffalo Chicken Sandwich the next time you’re looking for a new, delicious meal to share with your friends and family!
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small cans HORMEL® chunk chicken
- 1/4 cup tablespoons hot sauce
- 8 thick slices of French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- celery sticks
- Add butter to outside slices of bread and toast lightly under broiler in oven. Set aside.
- Combine chicken and hot sauce in a skillet. Heat throughly.
- Add in cream cheese, cheddar cheese and blue cheese dressing. Mix well.
- Cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Stirring often.
- Spread mixture on 4 bread slices.
- Top with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
- Cover with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Make sure to head over to the Hormel website and Facebook page for more recipes, idea, and coupons!
Try these recipes next!