This Broccoli Salad is a great addition to your summer salad menu! With Bacon and cheddar cheese, it’s a soon-to-be family favorite!
Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
As soon as the warm weather rolls around, you can bet we’re planning our summer picnics and get togethers. And at the top of our list – the menu! This easy summer salad recipe always makes the list!
Made with bacon and cheddar cheese plus other yummy goodness, this savory salad has ingredients everyone loves! This is always on the top of my list to make for a cook out or a potluck.
- Broccoli- I use fresh broccoli for this recipe.
- Red onion
- Sunflower Seeds
- Bacon – My favorite kind of salad, is a salad that includes bacon. Yum!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese- I like to shred my own. It makes a big difference.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste!
How To Make Broccoli Salad
Step 1. Make The Dressing
Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Step 2. Combine Ingredients
In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, cheese, and bacon. Pour the prepared dressing over and mix well.
Step 3. Chill
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Step 4. Serve and Enjoy!
What To Enjoy Alongside Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad is a great side for all occasions! I love it at a cookout with Grilled BBQ Chicken or Bacon BBQ Pork Sliders. If you’re just cooking for a weeknight dinner, this broccoli salad goes great with Mississippi Roast Sandwiches or Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs!
How long can you keep broccoli salad in the fridge?
If you’ve got left overs of the salad, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days. It will last up to 4 days if you keep the dressing separate from the salad.
How long can broccoli salad sit out?
Broccoli Salad is alright to sit out for up to two hours.
Can you eat broccoli raw?
Broccoli is a great vegetable to eat either raw or cooked! Cooked broccoli is going to taste slightly more peppery, while raw broccoli tastes a little more grassy and bitter.
Looking for more succulent sides? Try these:
- 8 cups Broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup Red Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 lb Bacon cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, cheese and bacon bits. Pour the prepared dressing over and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.