Creamy, Cheesy Broccoli Casserole! With its cheesy broccoli goodness & buttered Ritz cracker crumb topping this delicious broccoli casserole side dish recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, potlucks, or Sunday Dinner!
A Classic Casserole Sidedish
This homemade Broccoli Casserole is deliciously creamy, cheesy, and really easy!
Made with broccoli, cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, and sour cream – this creamy broccoli and cheese casserole is a delicious side dish for any meal, from Thanksgiving Ham to 4th of July Cheeseburgers!
This classic southern recipe is full of cheesy goodness that makes this vegetable side dish pure comfort!
Since this recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep and only 30 minutes to cook, it’s such a nice recipe to have for your busy schedule or a holiday side dish.
Another great thing about this Broccoli Casserole Recipe is that it calls for frozen broccoli which is something most people have on hand!
The crushed, buttery Ritz crackers on top of this casserole add in a nice and crunchy texture that makes the perfect contrast for every bite that the kids love, too!
- Frozen broccoli – no need to thaw
- Cheddar cheese – shredded. Sharp cheddar is best.
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Sour Cream – to give the right amount of creaminess
- Mayonaise – trust me. The tang is just what this recipe needs.
- Crushed crackers – Ritz is our favorite!
- Butter – melted
How To Make Broccoli Casserole
You’ll find the full printable recipe below but here is a shortened version to tantalize your taste buds.
Step 1. Add all of the ingredients – besides the crushed crackers and butter – to a large bowl and mix well.
Step 2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and add your broccoli mixture to the dish – spreading out evenly.
Step 3. Next, add the melted butter to the crackers and mix well. Add to the top of your casserole before baking for 30 minutes.
Easy peasy, right?
I think it’s safe to say that toppings can really enhance and change up the flavor of any dish. While this recipe specifically calls for crackers, venture out and try something new.
Other toppings could be:
- More cheese (yes, please!) try other flavors – swiss, pepper jack, Colby.
- French Onion Curls
- Chopped onions
- Fresh Jalapenos
- Hot Sauce/Salsa
See how easy it can be to make each bowl of this hearty casserole taste new and different every time?
Tips For Success
- Do not mix in the crackers: This will make the cracker crumbs soggy and lose their texture.
- Buy chopped frozen broccoli: Buying it already chopped will save you from extra prep work.
More Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love!
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups crushed crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, and soup
- Mix well and place the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the crushed crackers and melted butter together in a bowl. Spread evenly over the broccoli mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown.