Bourbon Pretzels are the tastiest sweet and spicy holiday snack with a kick! Perfect for gift giving or just having around the house!
These pretzels are sweet, salty, spicy and bourbon-y (if that’s a word?!) Plus they are so easy to make, you’re going to want to make them during other times of the year, too!
Serve these pretzels on your holiday buffet table with some of our most popular appetizer recipes – Buffalo Chicken Dip, Crock Pot Sausage Dip & Chili Cheese Dip!
I don’t know about you, but when I hear the word bourbon mixed with some sort of food, I’m all ears!
Whiskey Pretzels, Naughty Pretzels, Little Bites of Heaven Pretzels – whatever you want to call them, they’re GOOD!
Let’s dive into what makes this holiday snack so good!
How to Make Bourbon Pretzels
- Pretzels (I like the twists but any kind works!)
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
You could definitely mix up the spices to your liking – which I totally approve of! Here’s a few ideas!
- Cinnamon, Vanilla, Regular Sugar
- Garlic powder, Onion powder & Mustard Powder
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Italian Seasoning Packet (like for dressing)
Just whip up your favorites! I am sure it will be great! Just make sure to use butter and bourbon, too!
Speaking of bourbon, you can add your favorite here! I grabbed one of the little bottles at the store for $1. But you can use whatever you have one hand! Some of my favorites that I will be trying in this Bourbon Pretzel Recipe:
- Crown Vanilla
- Makers Mark
- Jim Beam
- Four Roses
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Melt butter on the stovetop or in a microwave oven
- Add to a large bowl and mix all of the other ingredients
- Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir around every 5 minutes
- When they’re done, spread on the counter on parchment paper and allow to dry for a couple of hours (and harden)
That’s it! A very simple recipe that pleases EVERYONE!
Note: You may find interesting that if you have kids that the alcohol does not cook out of baked items – only about 40%, I think you’d have to eat a ton to have any effect – but I wanted to mention this! haha!
These Bourbon Pretzels are perfect for gift-giving, too!
Just grab some little cellophane bags at the store, some pretty ribbon or string, and wah-la! You have something to give to the mailman, your neighbor, or even your kid’s teacher! Just make sure to label them BOURBON PRETZELS! haha!
- 1 16oz bag mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper more or less depending on your taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Melt butter in a microwave oven or on the stovetop
- Add butter, spices, and bourbon to a large bowl and whisk well
- Toss the pretzels into the butter mixture and mix well
- Spread on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes - stirring halfway through baking
- Remove from oven and place on parchment paper on the counter to cool and harden 1-2 hours
- Store in an airtight container
I love these. I used the waffle pretzels. Because of that it took 3/4 of the bag before the butter mixture was used up. I also baked them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, which made clean up so much easier.
Will be making them again many times during football season.
Thank you for posting the recipe.
Very good. We just made these and added Franks Red Hot along with the cayenne. Sweet, spicy and a little heat!