This Blueberry Zucchini Bread features the classic zucchini bread flavor you love, but adds plump, fresh blueberries to the mix. It’s the best quick bread recipe for summertime!
Zucchini bread is a classic summertime treat, but to add even more summer flavor to this favorite, I like to put blueberries in the batter too. Talk about delicious!
Each slice of this Blueberry Zucchini bread is studded with juicy blueberries, then to take it to the next level, there’s also a tangy lemon glaze for the top, which is full of bright citrus flavor.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
This Blueberry Zucchini Bread is always a favorite in my house, along with my Zucchini Muffins. There’s something about the combination of flavors that just makes it so delicious. And not to mention, it’s pretty healthy too—you get your fruits and your veggies, all in the form of a delicious treat!
The other thing to note about this Blueberry Zucchini Bread recipe is that it’s super moist. The zucchini, vegetable oil, and blueberries all add moistness to the mix, making for a tender crumb that’s pretty much irresistible. No dry bread here!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the Blueberry Zucchini Bread:
- Eggs – Let these come to room temperature before you start the recipe.
- Vegetable oil – Canola oil will work, too.
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- Grated zucchini – Grate it using your food processor or a box grater.
- All-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Fresh blueberries
For the Lemon Glaze:
- Powdered sugar – Sift this first so you don’t have lumpy glaze!
- Lemon juice
How to Make Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans or 2 large loaf pans.
2. Make the Batter
In a large mixing bowl, stir the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Fold in the grated zucchini, then stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Once all of the ingredients are incorporated, fold in the blueberries.
3. Bake the Blueberry-Zucchini Bread
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the bread cool for 25 minutes in the loaf pans, then carefully remove the loaves and set them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and drizzle the mixture over the cooled bread.
How to Store
Store at room temperature for 3 to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze this recipe for up to 3 months; let it thaw at room temperature before serving.
Do you peel zucchini for Blueberry Zucchini Bread?
No, there’s no need to peel zucchini for bread! Since it’s grated, the bits of zucchini peel are small and don’t impact the texture of the bread.
How do I shred zucchini for zucchini bread?
You can use the shredder blade in your food processor, or use a box grater and grate the zucchini by hand. I find it easier to shred the zucchini with a box grater, rather than hauling out my food processor and then having to clean it afterward, but both ways work!
Can I grate zucchini ahead of time for Blueberry Zucchini Bread?
Yes, you can grate the zucchini up to a day in advance; store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and drain off any excess liquid before you use it.
More Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans or 2 large loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Fold in the grated zucchini followed by the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well until fully combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 25 minutes in the loaf pans. Turn onto a rack to continue to cool to room temperature.
- If using, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl. Drizzle over cooled loaf.