Start your morning off right with fluffy and crisp blueberry waffles. This tasty blueberry waffles recipe comes together with just a few simple ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. The fluffy waffles combined with the juicy blueberries will quickly become a family favorite!
These blueberry waffles are the perfect way to start your day. Serve them for breakfast, brunch, or even a late-night treat. This delicious waffle recipe only requires basic pantry staples to make and pretty much come together in under 20 minutes. It’s a win-win, no matter how you look at it.
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY WAFFLES FROM SCRATCH WITH MAPLE SYRUP
Don’t be intimated to make this recipe. The homemade waffles are a breeze to put together. My favorite part about this recipe is how the waffles are both crispy and fluffy at the same time. When they cook in the waffle iron, they form the perfect texture and allow the blueberries to get extra juicy. It is a foolproof recipe that comes out delicious each and every time.
Another amazing factor about this recipe is the basic ingredients. Since it is basically just pantry staples, it is very quick to whip up. The recipe follows a basic wet ingredient to dry ingredients method, allowing for minimal prep and for the recipe to come together in no time.
The hardest part about making these waffles is deciding what to top them with. Maple syrup, powdered sugar, and butter are always the go-to, but sometimes whipped cream and even ice cream fall into the mix. No matter which topping you choose, these blueberry waffles are bound to be delicious.
Not a fan of blueberry waffles? Our Easy Homemade Waffle Recipe is just as tasty and rated #1!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Kosher Salt
- Eggs – let the eggs come to room temperature to mix evenly into the batter.
- Unsalted butter – use melted butter in the wet ingredients.
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen blueberries will work, but use fresh if you can.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY WAFFLES WITH A WAFFLE MAKER
1. PREP THE WAFFLE IRON
Set up the waffle iron so it will be ready to go when the batter is fully mixed.
2. MIX THE DRY INGREDIENTS
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
3. MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS
In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula. Do not over-mix the batter. It will be very lumpy, and that is okay.
4. ADD IN THE BLUEBERRIES
Fold the blueberries into the batter. Do this with soft hands so the blueberries do not break in the batter.
5. COOK THE WAFFLES
6. EAT AND ENJOY THE BLUEBERRY WAFFLES
Take the waffles out of the waffle iron and finish off with your favorite topping. Go for powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, or even some ice cream.
While you can definitely use frozen blueberries in a waffle iron and in this recipe, try and use fresh blueberries if you can. The fresh fruit enhances the blueberry flavor and makes the waffles taste even better. If you have to use frozen blueberries, try and freeze fresh blueberries in summer when they are at their peak. That way, you can have a taste of fresh blueberries all winter long.
Yes! While this recipe is meant for a waffle iron, it can double as a pancake recipe as well. However, if you are looking to make pancakes, you might as well use our blueberry pancake recipe to make the real thing!
MORE DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY RECIPES TO ENJOY
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ cups whole milk melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz blueberries
- Preheat the waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tbsp granulated sugar, 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla.2 large eggs, 6 tbsp unsalted butter, 1½ cups whole milk, 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine being sure to not over-mix. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the blueberries.4 oz blueberries
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and ladle in the batter. Cook until light brown and slightly crispy.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar and maple syrup.