Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie is always a winning dinner! Also known as Impossible Cheeseburger Pie, it’s everything you love in a burger, but baked into a pie dish.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
If you’re looking for a weeknight dinner your kids will actually eat, well, cheeseburger pie is coming to the rescue! And if you want some comfort food goodness to get you through the coldest few months of winter, then you’re also going to love this recipe. It’s hearty, filling, and because it’s basically a cheeseburger in the form of a pie, your whole family will devour it!
(Looking for more easy Bisquick recipes? Check out my Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon too!)
Easy Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
You may have seen this recipe on the back of a Bisquick box, where it’s called Impossible Cheeseburger Pie. Don’t let the name fool you, though—it’s definitely not impossible to make, and in fact, it’s pretty dang easy! To make it, you layer cooked ground beef and cheese in a pie dish and pour Bisquick, milk, and eggs over the top. It all bakes up into cheesy, melty, comfort food perfection!
The other thing I love about this cheeseburger pie recipe is that there usually aren’t any (or many) leftovers! While there are times when I love having leftovers, there are other times when I know we’re going to be eating out the next day or I have something else that I need to make, so this is a good recipe to make when you don’t want a huge casserole dish of leftovers taking up space in your fridge.
Ingredients for Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie
- Lean ground beef – You can use ground turkey if you prefer or even a plant-based ground beef instead to make this vegetarian.
- Onion – Just a regular yellow onion will do!
- Cheddar cheese
- Original Bisquick mix or Homemade Bisquick
- Eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
You can add seasonings to the ground beef, like Italian seasoning or taco seasoning for some Tex-Mex flair. Switch up the cheese to something different, add sautéed mushrooms and diced green bell peppers to up the veggie factor—feel free to experiment with your cheeseburger pie!
How to Make Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie
- Brown the Beef: Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Place the beef and onion in a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the beef is browned. Drain well, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble: Transfer the beef to a 9-inch pie plate and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl, then pour this over the cheese and beef.
- Bake: Place the pie plate in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Make this whole pie following the recipe directions and then let it cool. Wrap tightly and freeze for up to three months for a great, quick dinner. I love having at least two of these cheeseburger pies in my freezer, ready to use!
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Cheeseburger Pie
Wrap any leftovers in the pie dish or transfer them to an airtight storage container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can reheat leftovers in a 350ºF oven for about 10 minutes. You can also reheat the leftovers in the microwave, heating in 30 second increments until it is hot.
Leftovers can also be frozen for up to 3 months, then thawed in the refrigerator before reheating. Reheat the frozen, thawed pie using the directions above to create a quick and tasty meal.
A simple veggie side is best! Try my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts or Easy Air Fryer French Fries. Broccoli casserole is another quick, easy idea that goes well with this cheeseburger pie. I also have a lot of great dessert recipes you can try for after the main course.
There are lots of variations of cheeseburger pie, but the basic Bisquick cheeseburger pie recipe is made with ground beef, cheddar, Bisquick, milk, and eggs.
Yes, you can make this ahead and freeze it for later! Just thaw the whole pie in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
This recipe can be reheated in either a 350ºF oven or in the microwave. If you’re warming it up in the oven, I recommend covering the pie dish with foil, then taking it off during the last few minutes of cooking time.
Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped (1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Original Bisquick mix or Homemade Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, until beef is brown.
- Drain well.
- Stir in salt + pepper and add to a pie plate.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- In small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour over mixture in pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.