It’s back-to-school which also means back to busy! I don’t know about you, but unless I plan out our dinners each week, we end up with Peanut Butter and Jelly on busy nights! This season, Pillsbury surveyed 500 moms to uncover what busy families need at mealtime when it comes to making this time of year easier. Here are some of the top concerns from moms and some solutions for each of them!
1. Time constrained and tired:
One-in-four moms have a half hour or less to get dinner on the table. Half (52%) say they don’t prepare weeknight dinners because they are just too tired after a long day, while 45% say they just don’t have the time.
· Check out this top-performing recipe that takes just 25 minutes to make!
2. Trying to please everyone:
No matter the meal, moms’ number one consideration when preparing dinner is how much her family will enjoy the recipe. One-fifth (21%) of moms say they are prevented from preparing a home-cooked meal because it’s too hard to please a family of picky eaters.
· Try this easy twist on a family favorite!
3. Planning and Pinterest to the rescue: Planning ahead is important to a successful week of meal preparation, and Pillsbury found that one-third of moms plan dinners in advance which saves time when they are shopping for groceries and cooking. When looking for meal planning ideas, 71% of moms turn to online resources like recipe websites and Pinterest.
· With cans of Pillsbury crescents and biscuits in the refrigerator, mom has hundreds of go-to recipe options for dinner meals or sides.
For example, here is a week of easy and delicious dinner ideas:
· Monday: Mini Chicken Pot Pies
· Tuesday: Easy Crescent Taco Bake
· Wednesday: Unsloppy Joes
· Thursday: Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups
· Friday: Crescent Pizza Pockets
With versatile products and simple recipes that take few ingredients, Pillsbury can help moms to make dinner easier and faster. Check out these 5 ingredient dinners that are favorites with families that can help make weeknight meals a breeze!