Here’s a quick and easy appetizer idea that is perfect for any occasion! Avocado Toast Recipe is one of my new favorites and it will become one of your favorites, too!
This healthy appetizer is so good, you may even want to make it with a salad or a side of Creamy Tomato and Basil Penne Pasta for an easy dinner idea during the week!
Toasted baguette bread, avocado, cherry tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella make up these bite-sized appetizers. Drizzle with a little balsamic reduction glaze that you can easily make yourself or you can pick up a bottle at the store, like I did!
Avocado Toast is a new-to-me treat that I can’t get enough of! The creaminess of the healthy avocado smashed with fresh black pepper and sea salt on a crisp, slightly warm piece of toast is to die for! You can then eat it as is or add all kinds of different toppings to make it unique.
I loved this quick and easy appetizer so much that I even made it on Good Day Marketplace where I share recipes, tips, and tricks each week! It really is that good!
How do you make avocado toast?
It’s easy! Just make sure to pick ripe avocados that aren’t too hard and not too mushy – right in the middle is perfect.
Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice and sea salt, to taste. Mash the ingredients together with a fork, keeping the texture slightly chunky. Spread half the mash onto each piece of toast. I like to add a little cracked black pepper and sea salt right on top.
What goes well with avocado on toast?
I like this recipe combination of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil that are the basis of a Caprese Salad, but the options are limitless! Add smoked salmons, bean sprouts, any veggie is perfect right on top! How can you tell if an avocado is bad?
Make sure to try out this Caprese Salad Avocado Toast the next time you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer idea that tastes great and is healthy, too!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 thin slices baguette bread toasted
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves roughly chopped
- Balsamic Glaze for drizzling
- Cut the avocados in half, scoop out the center and place in a bowl.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and mash up the avocado with a fork. Leaving it chunky is fine!
- Add salt and pepper to taste - mix well.
- Add a little of the avocado to each slice of toast.
- Top with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
Check out these amazing recipes next!
—> Classic Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe